How do I know if my child is sick and should stay home from school?
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests asking these questions:
- Does your child have a fever?
- Fevers of 101° F or more are generally a sign of illness, so children should stay home from school.
- Is your child well enough to engage in class?
- If your child seems too run down to be attentive in class, keep your child home.
- Do you think your child has a contagious illness, such as the flu or pinkeye?
- If so, keep him or her at home until no longer infectious.
- More tips