You can apply for an annual or temporary food permit in Jackson County by submitting an application and appropriate fee to the Environmental Health Division at Jackson County Health Division. You are encouraged to contact the health department at 618-684-3143, ext. 128 early to discuss your plans for any new food service establishment or temporary food event, since other requirements may also apply.