What is Jackson County Health Department's role in stopping the spread of contagious diseases?
- JCHD tracks and monitors reported communicable diseases
- Follows up with the doctor regarding treatment of the disease
- Follows up with the patient regarding possible exposure of others to their disease and, if indicated, provides further preventive measures
- JCHD vaccine clinics are open Monday through Thursday..
- JCHD offers assistance through the Sexual Health (STD) programs.
- JCHD monitors West Nile Virus.
- Provides services to HIV positive individuals through Southern Illinois HIV Care Connect.
- JCHD inspects restaurants and regulates and monitors private sewage and water systems in Jackson County.