Jackson County Health Department

Promoting Health, Preventing Illness, Protecting our Environment and Preparing for Emergencies

How do I request permission to subdivide property?

The Jackson County Assessor's Office is the lead Jackson County agency dealing with property subdivisions.  To find out more information about their requirement, please call them at (618) 687-7220.

In addition to the Assessor's Office, other Jackson County agencies, including Jackson County Health Department, are involved in making recommendations to the Jackson County Board regarding proposed property subdivisions.  The Health Department's main concerns with property subdivisions are related to the location and functioning of potential or existing private sewage systems and water wells.  To discusss a proposed property subdivision with the Health Department, please call the Environmental Health Division at (618) 684-3143, ext. 128.  

In order for the Health Department to review a proposed property subdivision, the Application for Review must be submitted with the appropriate fee.




 415 Health Department Road

Murphysboro, IL 62966

Monday - Friday 8AM - 4PM





Click here to email us

After Hours Emergencies 800-875-0162